Moldova AID has opened its Virtual Learning Center. A variety of initiatives and programs will address the intellectual, social, cultural and physical development of our audience. The fundamental mission of the Center is to contribute to the education of the next generation of professionals in Moldova, with a particular focus on integrating in the work force.
We started with a .NET Application Development Foundation Training Course, mentored by Alexandru Caruntu from Toronto, Canada. The course is free for the will be taught via web on Saturdays from September 2011 to May 2012. For successfull completion, the students will have to pass 70-536 Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation exam.
The course will provide:
- close familiarization with .NET Framework 3.5
- 300+ practice and review questions
- case scenarios, exercises, and industry best practices
- self paced practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and learning plans based on individual results
- practice classes where each individual will present a particular .NET Framework chapter. Coding in each presentation will be done using pair programming – stimulating team work.
Congratulations to the first group of students selected for the .NET Course by Moldova AID. Among them, we have 6 students from USM, 5 students from UTM, one student from Lyceum Spiru Haret and one student from Lyceum of Academy of Science. Girls were particularly encouraged to apply and we have tree female students will perform next to the rest of the male students. Most of the students are in their second university year (sophomores). All of them are very passionate about Computer Science and want to pursue a carrier related to it.